I spent today’s ROV meeting measuring the motors we’re using for this year’s robot, and designing shrouds to cover the propellers (as per the standards defined in the game manual).

One of the motors we’re using – it’s broken so I took it home to continue measuring it.

I still have to make some adjustments to the dimensions, as well as add holes to the shield – in its current state it probably can’t draw enough water to propel the robot forward. I have to say though, 3D modeling with FreeCAD was really fun, and a pleasure because I was able to do it on my Linux laptop without a dedicated mouse.

I can’t wait to get started 3D printing these parts!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *